For loyal JetBlue customers who may be loyal to the airline's TrueBlue frequent flyer program but are not interested in paying the annual fee. But it lacks the benefits of other airline cards, such as free checked baggage and a check-in bonus large enough to cover the cost of a round-trip flight.
However, the JetBlue Card, issued by Barclays, earns higher rewards both for JetBlue purchases and in some everyday spending categories.If your top priority is a no-cost airline card and you're a frequent JetBlue passenger, this card might be a good fit.
JetBlue Card : Main features
- Card type: Airline.
- Annual fee: $0 .
- Earn 3 TrueBlue points for every $1 spent on purchases made direct with JetBlue Airways.
- Earn 2 TrueBlue points for every $1 spent on purchases at restaurants and grocery stores.
Jetblue credit card benefits
- The main benefit of using a JetBlue credit card is all the extra TrueBlue points you will get. Using the card to pay for flights with a co-branded airline will earn you 6 points for every $1 spent on a JetBlue Plus Card, and 3 points for every $1 on a regular JetBlue credit card. That's on top of the 3-6 points per $1 you usually get for booking flights. Additionally, card members who charge grocery or restaurant fees to the card earn an additional 2 points per $1, and 1 point per $1 elsewhere.
- JetBlue Plus Card users who redeem their points will also receive a 10% points dividend. That means if you redeem 10,000 points for a flight, 1,000 will be credited back to your account. Given that we estimate TrueBlue's point value to be $0.012, all of this translates into reward rates that vary between about 1.3% and 7.9%. The same benefits are not available on the no-annual fee version of the card.
- This is how we calculate the reward rate on the JetBlue Plus Card. Let's say you spend $1,000 on a JetBlue ticket. You will earn 6,000 TrueBlue points via credit card. The value is approximately 6,000 x $0.012 = $72. You also get 10% points back when you redeem, which is an additional 600 points x $0.012 = $7.20. In total, you earn $72 + $7.20 = $79.20, at a reward rate of $79.20 / $1,000 = 7.9%.
- Spending at least $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days with a JetBlue Plus Card will qualify the user for a bonus 30,000 points. We appreciate this welcome gift for $360. Those who meet the same requirements as a JetBlue Credit Card will only receive 10,000 points. Those with JetBlue Plus Card and Business credit card accounts will also be awarded 5,000 bonus points each anniversary year. The value of this award is $60, which reduces the card's annual fee.
- Card members who accept this card as an upgrade to their existing JetBlue Amex credit card have the opportunity to earn a $100 companion bonus. To be eligible, card members must spend at least $500 on their new credit card by June 30.